With new BotaniClean® less is more!
|Chemspec Microban BotaniClean®
|Antimicrobial/cleaner made with a unique thymol blend
|A new solution from the name you trust – Microban!
Purely better - inspired by nature. Thymol produces a consistent product every time.
- No PPE required
- Clean, disinfect and deodorize in one easy step
- EPA Category IV rating, which means no "warning" or "danger" labels required
- No extraneous oils for a consistent, effective product every time
- No additional rinsing or wiping required*
- Approved for use on food contact surfaces*
- Mild, pleasant fragrance without harsh fumes
- Ready-to-use convenience and economical!
BotaniClean kill-claims include:
Microban BotaniClean is a:
- Gram positive and gram negative microorganisms
- And much more!
…all in one unique formulation!
- Broad-Spectrum hospital-grade d
- 224002000 Disinfectant
|Sold in gallons and 4 gallon cases only
||one gallon (3.8L) bottles
|Case reorder no.
||Opaque clear liquid
||1.03–1.00 (H20 = 1)
|EPA registration no.
Compares to current or past oem associations:
Microban BotaniClean - Better Value, Superior Cleaning
National Sales Manager
Nothing beats Microban BotaniClean™ as an EPA Category IV cleaner/antimicrobial/deodorizer - three products in one economical RTU! This triple application makes BotaniClean an outstanding value among restoration antimicrobials.
BotaniClean has seven key advantages compared to other antimicrobial cleaners:
1. It is an EPA Category IV antimicrobial. This is the EPA's lowest toxicity rating, requiring no warnings, yet it eradicates the toughest organisms including tuberculosis. BotaniClean has hard surface claims in all fifty states and is registered to clean and deodorize carpet and upholstery in every state (except Hawaii).
2. BotaniClean has a mild scent that works well for restoration jobs where heavy smells can linger for days or weeks. Customers consistently tell us they like the scent compared to other products that can have a heavier, more "aggressive" smell.
3. BotaniClean offers restorers an economical advantage since it is priced below competitors' products. Insurance adjustors appreciate its value too, especially when used on restoration jobs involving an antimicrobial sprayed application.
4. BotaniClean is considered a non-hazardous antimicrobial that you can apply directly on surfaces. Plus, application does not require the use of PPE (no protective gear or hazmat suits) at restoration jobs unless required by other on-the-job circumstances.
5. Its synthetic base ensures consistent product with no variation in strength or efficacy.BotaniClean is emulsified. There is no separation that can alter its effectiveness and strength based on whether you are getting it from the top or the bottom of the gallon. You have the reassurance of knowing that you will get the same quality and performance every time you use it.
6. BotaniClean does not leave any oily residue behind on countertops and other hard surfaces which can occur with a thyme-oil based product. See MSDS sheet for details.
7. BotaniClean is from Microban, a gold standard company with 60 years of experience in the restoration industry. Microban is used three times more by professionals than any other restoration chemical products by professionals.
Every water damage job should have an antimicrobial spray application. Any time you are dealing with water that has bacteria in it such as sea water or black water, you have to put down an antimicrobial. For every Category 2, 3, and 4 job, it's a "must have" when following the recommended restoration process:
provides good value and exceptional performance to complete the restoration process.
Coming soon to Canada - Microban BotaniPure™
It's what Canadian distributors have been waiting for - Microban BotaniPure has been approved for sale in Canada! Mibroban BotaniPure (DIN #02523022) is an effective cleaner, disinfectant and deodorizer in a simple-one step, low toxicity formulation. Watch for updates on when this product will be ready to ship so you can stock up and start selling this great new, economically priced product!
General cleaning and disinfecting directions: Gross filth and heavy soil must be removed before applying cleaning solution. Apply to surfaces by cloth, sponge, brush, coarse spray or by immmersing equipment using cleaning methods. All hard surfaces must be wet thoroughly, and remain wet for at least 10 minutes and allowed to air dry. Thoroughly rinse all wetted and cleaned food contact surfaces with potable water. As the solution becomes dirty, discard and replace with fresh solution.
For complete use instructions and specific information about cleaning and decontaminating surfaces/objects please consult the label.
BotaniClean is a great alternative antimicrobial, now with soft surface claims*
Microban BotaniClean is an EPA-registered (34810-25-70385) broad-spectrum, hospital-grade antimicrobial that is an effective alternative to traditional antimicrobials. And we always knew it could be used to deodorize carpets, but now it's official. Here's an excerpt from the new label:
"Deodorizing and Cleaning of Carpet/Fabrics: To deodorize and clean carpets, fabrics, and other materials, Microban BotaniClean can be used on most fabrics that can be cleaned with water-based cleaners."
*California, New York and Hawaii are still in the approval process for these claims.
It is a violation of Federal Law to use the product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
Microban BotaniClean Secondary Label
Microban BotaniClean MSDS
Also marketed under part number(s) US-MBBC-01,
Ebola transmission - what precautions can you take?
Ebola Disinfectant Facts
People are getting nervous about the Ebola epidemic in Africa, especially as it lands in the US. This nervousness leads to thoughts about what precautions we can take to reduce the probability of transmission and what disinfectants may be effective.
Beware of product manufacturers' untested claims to their products' assumed effectiveness against the Ebola virus. True testing requires the acquisition of the virus which currently represents a problem for several reasons. In fact, some manufacturers are misleading you into believing that by using their product you are safe. Here's the official word from the Centers for Disease Control
"There are no disinfection products with specific label claims against the Ebola virus. Enveloped viruses such as Ebola are susceptible to a broad range of hospital disinfectants used to disinfect hard, non-porous surfaces. In contrast, non-enveloped viruses are more resistant to disinfectants. As an added precaution, use a disinfectant with a higher potency than what is normally required for an enveloped virus to disinfect potentially Ebola-contaminated surfaces. EPA-registered hospital disinfectants with label claims against non-enveloped viruses (e.g., norovirus, rotavirus, adenovirus, poliovirus) are broadly antiviral and capable of inactivating both enveloped and non-enveloped viruses."
Microban Germicidal Cleaner Concentrate (GCC)
is known to be effective against harder-to-kill non-enveloped viruses, such as norovirus, rotavirus and adenovirus. GCC is a hospital grade, disinfectant, detergent concentrate available in lemon and mint fragrances.
Microban BotaniClean is a one-step cleaner and hospital-grade disinfectant that kills rotavirus.
It is always a good practice to use a general purpose cleaner to remove the majority of the body fluid spills. In some cases, sadly, the patient experiences extreme vomiting, diarrhea, and bleeding so large amounts of fluids have to be removed. DegreaseAll
is extremely effective at blood removal. Once the surface is visibly clean, then disinfection with Microban GCC is the final step.
Beyond disinfectant use, should an Ebola decontamination become necessary, get expert help and absolutely use extreme precautions and full PPE. The scope of these precautions is beyond the intent of this information.
There is nothing more compelling than what customers say about our products and the value they bring to their business. Below are two testimonials that capture the key benefits of Microban BotaniClean and explain why these restorers believe it's the best choice.
These testimonials are also powerful because they tell stories about the challenges our customers face as homeowners become more knowledgeable and vocal about chemical use in their homes.
We switched from Sporicidin to BotaniClean a couple of years ago when we were looking for a green product to use. We really like that it doesn't settle out. We don't have to shake it - BotaniClean can ride in the truck and is ready to use when we get to the job. With other products we always had to refer to the directions and make sure that the product was agitated. It's much easier to deal with BotaniClean.
Customers tell us that BotaniClean has a fairly neutral smell - not a strong smell. We try not to apply anything that is not green. Customers ask "Is it going to smell? Is it dangerous? Is it going to harm my kids or pets?" It's very easy to show them it's a green product. We say "Here. Read this (MSDS). This is what it says." Then customers go with our recommendation for BotaniClean. We're not drinking it to show them that it's low toxicity but the MSDS helps assure them it is ok to use it in their homes. We almost never use anything else now.
It just makes sense to use BotaniClean. Sometimes the insurance adjusters question the few extra dollars it costs but it's worth it to us.
Times have changed. It used to be that I could spray anything. Now, there are more conditions on using chemicals. BotaniClean is really user-friendly. I have had absolutely no complaints with it. And it's a pleasant-smelling product - not a chemical smell. It's also great that it doesn't separate. I can just use it right from the bottle.
I use BotaniClean because I get fewer complaints with it as a product. Every time you spray a product now, people worry about it. In my local area, BotaniClean was approved by a research facility where I was required to have it tested around lab rats and spider monkeys before I could use it. They gave me approval to spray just that one product: BotaniClean - no other. It's the friendliest product that I've found.
I've had zero complaints with BotaniClean. I've run into people with allergies who are very sensitive to chemicals. This product does not affect them. I have a history with BotaniClean - it's the product I've had the most success with. I also like that it's user friendly for my technicians as well as my customers. I don't like exposing my people to stuff that can harm them. With BotaniClean, I know they are okay using it. That's really important to me.
How often do homeowners or building owners ask for "green" solutions or products with low environmental impact?
- Using a low toxicity (EPA Category IV) solution like BotaniClean satisfies many homeowners - show them the label if they have questions. Many homeowners are immediately reassured to know BotaniClean is approved for use on play equipment, neonatal/nursery surfaces and toys.
- BotaniClean's Category IV rating also simplifies application since no PPE is required (unless the situation requires it).
- The pleasant herbal scent from our unique blend doesn't leave strong odors behind - a real bonus because many homeowners find the smell of competitive products irritating.
- Offer customers facts like these to help them look beyond the marketing hype about "green" products.
Are you looking for a single product that can clean and disinfect hard surfaces plus clean and deodorize soft surfaces?
Microban BotaniClean is now approved for use on soft surfaces, the only product in its category with this approval! The label for this thymol-based EPA-registered product (no. 34810-25-70385) includes instructions for use on carpeting, upholstery and fabrics. Other competitive products do not have this claim on their label.
How can customers use these expanded product claims to broaden their use of BotaniClean on just about every job?
- They can use BotaniClean to clean and deodorize soft surfaces such as carpeting, upholstery and fabrics.
- Because BotaniClean is moderately acidic, it leaves fibers softer than many alkaline based products with similar claims.
- The lower pH of the product reduces the possibility of dye bleeding.
- The very low toxicity associated with BotaniClean now applies to soft surface applications.
Are you concerned about how consistently your techs apply disinfectants?
BotaniClean's formulation doesn't separate. Many people don't realize that oil and water products separate easily, making it very difficult for technicians to ensure consistent application of the active ingredients in the product. If there's any concern about technicians taking the time to shake the product frequently, BotaniClean is the right choice, as it's a ready-to-use product (no mixing!) and never separates. Think of it this way, consistency = greener! A product isn't truly "green" or effective unless you get the same reliable performance every time it's used. BotaniClean doesn't separate like the competition, so you get consistent performance.
How does cost factor into your decision?
BotaniClean is the most economically priced low-toxicity disinfectant/cleaner/deodorizer in the industry, so you can't go wrong with BotaniClean, especially with its unique claims for application on soft surfaces.