Durable, Long Life Design.
Hydraulic valve lifters are oil pressurized, ensuring that push rods stay in constant contact with the rocker arms. Requiring no adjustment, the valve train is virtually maintenance-free. In addition, full-pressure lubrication delivers continuous lube to critical engine components, even at 25-degree angle of operation and optional oil cooler regulates the oil temperature extending oil-change intervals. Large capacity, in-line fuel filter provides extra protection against dirt particles that can clog fuel lines.
High Power Performance.
Overhead valve technology provides greater volumetric efficiency and a higher compression ratio. This produces more power, improved fuel economy and cooling and reduces oil consumption. In addition, there is virtually no carbon buildup, reducing overall maintenance costs. The variable speed, mechanical governor promises smooth performance, regardless of application or fluctuating demands for power.
Kohler Command PRO electronic ignition system generates a stronger spark at low cranking speed and Automatic Compression Release (ACR) allows compression to escape during cranking to reduce pull force.
- Extended maintenance intervals
- Yellow oil fill cap & dipstick handle
- Dual oil drains
- Easy-access oil fill/dipstick
- Two-year limited warranty
High Power Performance.
- Accelerator pump carburetor
- High-performance spark plugs
- 20 amp charging, regulated
- Larger in-line fuel filter
- Overhead valve (OHV) design
Reliability and Long Life Design.
- Oil cooler
- Hardened crankshaft journals
- PTO thrust bearing
- High-efficiency fan and screen
- Heavy-duty air cleaner
- Cast iron cylinder liners
- Hydraulic valve lifters
- Full-pressure lubrication
- Spin-on, full-flow oil filter
Quiet, Smooth Operation.
- Engineered material blower housing
- Mechanical fuel pump
- CARB & EPA emission-certified
Easy Dependable Starts.
- Smart-Choke™ carburetor
- Electronic ignition system
- Solenoid shift starter
4-cycle, gasoline, OHV, cast iron cylinder liners, aluminum block
Kohler CH730-3200 Supersedes CH730-0001 25 HP Command Series Twin Cylinder
CH730-3200 25 HP
- Supersedes CH730-0001
- 1-7/16 inch x 4-1/2 inch Crankshaft
- 12 Volt Electric Starter
- 20 Amp Alternator
- Includes Fuel Pump
- Application: Basic Replacement
- Shipping Weight = 122 lbs
|Max Power @3600 RPM hp (kW)
|Displacement cu in (cc)
|Bore in (mm)
|Stroke in (mm)
|Peak Torque @ Maximum lbs ft (Nm)
|Dry Weight lbs (kg)
|Oil Capacity U.S. quarts (L)
||Full pressure w/full-flow filter
|Dimensions L x W x H in
||14 x 17.7 x 26.5
* Length is grass screen to PTO mounting face. Width is spark plug to spark plug. Height is top of air cleaner to mounting feet.
Kilowatt (kW) and horsepower (HP) specifications for Kohler general purpose engines are calculated pursuant to the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) J1940 for horsepower ratings - calculated with the air cleaner and muffler removed, per the SAE standard. Actual engine horsepower is lower and affected by, but not limited to, accessories (air cleaner, exhaust, charging, cooling, fuel pump, etc.), application, engine speed and ambient operating conditions (temperature, humidity and altitude). The reason for this standard is to provide consistent measurement to customers who may want to control the intake and exhaust features of the engine. It is important to note that the power output of all Kohler engines is always as advertised. For more information, contact Kohler Co. Engine Engineering Department. Kohler Co. reserves the right to change product specifications,designs and standard equipment without notice and without incurring obligation.
• Overhead Valve Design
• Hydraulic Valve Lifters
• Heavy Duty Canister Air Cleaner System
• Fixed Grass Screen Guard
• Digital Spark Advance System (27 HP)
• Cast-Iron Cylinder Liners
• PTO Sleeve Bearing (Side Load)
• Electronic Ignition
• High Efficiency Grass Screen and Fan
• Closed Breather System
• Stellite® Exhaust Valves
• Full Pressure Lubrication
• Large Capacity In-Line Fuel Filter
• Easy Access Valve Cover Oil Fill-Yellow
• Oil Level Dipstick-Yellow
• Large Capacity Oil Filter
• Dual Oil Drain
• Oil Sentry™ (Switch Installed and Wired but Unconnected)
• Variable Speed Governor
• High Performance Accelerator Pump Carburetor
• Fuel Shutdown Solenoid
• Smart-Choke™ Carburetor
• Mechanical Fuel Pump
• High Performance Spark Plugs
• 12 Volt Solenoid Shift Starter
• 20 Amp Alternator, Regulated
• Crankshaft-1.437" (36 mm) Diameter x 4.46" (113 mm) PTO Length, 0.375" (9.5 mm) Keyway, Drilled and Tapped 1.5" (38 mm) Deep, 5/8-18 UNF
• PTO Face-5.625" (143 mm) Diameter, (4 Holes) 3/8-16 x 0.67" (17 mm) Deep, 7.75" (197 mm) Diameter, (4 Holes) 7/16-14 x 0.83" (21 mm) Deep
• 7" (178 mm) Diameter Pilot
• Color-Black with Cast Aluminum
• Standard Features Like CH740-0060 Plus EVAP
Standard Features Plus:
• Engine Controls-Key Switch, Throttle and
• 3/16” Evaporative emissions connection