Kohler 22.5Hp Command V-Twin Engine Electric Start CH22.5S CH680-3020 Prochem Legend GT Truck-mount Carpet Cleaner
Also marketed as 23 Hp engine.
Durable, Long Life Design.
Hydraulic valve lifters are oil pressurized, ensuring that push rods stay in constant contact with the rocker arms. Requiring no adjustment, the valve train is virtually maintenance-free. In addition, full-pressure lubrication delivers continuous lube to critical engine components, even at 25-degree angle of operation and optional oil cooler regulates the oil temperature extending oil-change intervals. Large capacity, in-line fuel filter provides extra protection against dirt particles that can clog fuel lines.
High Power Performance.
Overhead valve technology provides greater volumetric efficiency and a higher compression ratio. This produces more power, improved fuel economy and cooling and reduces oil consumption. In addition, there is virtually no carbon buildup, reducing overall maintenance costs. The variable speed, mechanical governor promises smooth performance, regardless of application or fluctuating demands for power.
Kohler Command PRO® electronic ignition system generates a stronger spark at low cranking speed and Automatic Compression Release (ACR) allows compression to escape during cranking to reduce pull force.
- Extended maintenance intervals
- Yellow oil fill cap & dipstick handle
- Dual oil drains
- Easy-access oil fill/dipstick
- Two-year limited warranty
High Power Performance.
- High-performance spark plugs
- 20 amp charging, regulated
- Larger in-line fuel filter
- Overhead valve (OHV) design
Reliability and Long Life Design.
- Hardened crankshaft journals
- High-efficiency fan and screen
- Larger dual-element air filter with foam pre-cleaner
- Cast iron cylinder liners
- Hydraulic valve lifters
- Full-pressure lubrication
- Spin-on, full-flow oil filter
Quiet, Smooth Operation.
- Engineered material blower housing
- Mechanical fuel pump
- CARB & EPA emission-certified
Easy Dependable Starts.
- Smart-Choke™ carburetor
- Electronic ignition system
- Solenoid shift starter
Full pressure lubrication. 20 Amp alternator. Pulse fuel pump. Satellite exhaust valves with seat inserts and rotators. 1 7/16" X 4 29/64" shaft is drilled and tapped 5/8"-18: has 3/8" keyway. Two limited warranty.
Overhead Valve Design OHV
• Hydraulic Valve Lifters
• Cast-Iron Cylinder Liners
• Electronic Ignition
• Large Capacity Dual Element Air Cleaner
• High Efficiency Grass Screen and Fan
• Closed Breather System
• Stellite® Exhaust Valves
• Full Pressure Lubrication
• Large Capacity In-Line Fuel Filter
• Easy Access Valve Cover Oil Fill-Yellow
• Oil Level Dipstick-Yellow
• Large Capacity Oil Filter, Dual Oil Drain
• Oil Sentry™ (Switch Installed and Wired but Unconnected)
• Variable Speed Governor
• Fuel Shutdown Solenoid, Smart-Choke™ Carburetor
• Mechanical Fuel Pump
• High Performance Spark Plugs
• 12 Volt Solenoid Shift Starter
• 20 Amp Alternator, Regulated
• Crankshaft-1.437" (36 mm) Diameter x 4.453" (113 mm) PTO Length, 0.375" (9.5 mm) Keyway, Drilled and Tapped 1.5" (38 mm) Deep, 5/8-18 UNF
• PTO Face-5.625" (143 mm) Diameter, (4 Holes) 3/8-16 x 0.67" (17 mm) Deep, 7.75" (197 mm) Diameter, (4 Holes) 7/16-14 x 0.83" (21 mm) Deep
Color Black with Cast Aluminum
7" (178mm) Diameter Pilot
Exact Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice.
Standard Features Plus:
• 3/16" Evaporative Emissions Connection
4-cycle, gasoline, OHV, cast iron cylinder liners, aluminum block
Command PRO CH680
|Max Power @3600 RPM hp (kW) 1
|Displacement cu in (cc)
|Bore in (mm)
|Stroke in (mm)
|Max Torque lbs. ft (Nm)1
|Dry Weight lbs (kg)
|Oil Capacity U.S. quarts (L)
||Full pressure w/full-flow filter
|Dimensions L x W x H in
||14 x 17.7 x 19.0
|Backpressure Limit 2
|J1995 Power hp (kW) 3
* Length is grass screen to PTO mounting face. Width is spark plug to spark plug. Height is top of air cleaner to mounting feet.
1 Max Power (hp) and Max Torque (lbs ft) specifications for Kohler general purpose engines are rated pursuant to Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) J1940 based on gross output testing performed according to SAE J1995 without the air cleaner and muffler. Actual engine power and torque are lower and affected by accessories (air cleaner, exhaust, charging, cooling, fuel pump, etc.), application, engine speed, ambient operating conditions (temperature, humidity and altitude) and other factors. This J1940 / J1995 rating provides consistent measurement to customers who may want to control the intake and exhaust features of the engine. For more information, contact Kohler Co. Engine Engineering Department. Kohler Co. reserves the right to change product specifications, designs and standard equipment without notice and without incurring obligation.
2 Inches of H20 @ 3600 RPM WOT
Quick Reference Parts Guide
Kohler 22.5Hp Command V-Twin Engine Electric Start CH22.5S CH680-3020 Prochem Truckmount Makelim Ind