Kohler 29 HP Command Pro EFI Electronic Fuel Injection Vertical Shaft V-Twin Air Cooled Engine PA-ECV749-3020 John Deere (21.62kw)
Durable, Long Life Design.
Hydraulic valve lifters are oil pressurized, ensuring that push rods stay in constant contact with the rocker arms. Requiring no adjustment, the valve train is virtually maintenance-free. In addition, full-pressure lubrication delivers continuous lube to critical engine components, even at 25-degree angle of operation and optional oil cooler regulates the oil temperature extending oil-change intervals. Large capacity, in-line fuel filter provides extra protection against dirt particles that can clog fuel lines.
High Power Performance.
Overhead valve technology provides greater volumetric efficiency and a higher compression ratio. This produces more power, improved fuel economy and cooling and reduces oil consumption. In addition, there is virtually no carbon buildup, reducing overall maintenance costs. The variable speed, mechanical governor promises smooth performance, regardless of application or fluctuating demands for power.
Kohler Command PRO® electronic ignition system generates a stronger spark at low cranking speed.
Easy Dependable Starts.
- Optimized fuel injector placement and intelligent sensor pack deliver fuel wherever and whenever there is a demand for power
- No-choke starting even in cold weather, when engine is hot or after long periods of storage
- Less downtime and less maintenance for the life of the engine
- No messy, gummed-up carburetor to clean or adjust
- Capable of saving up to 25% in fuel over similar-size carbureted engines
- Advanced oxygen sensor analyzes the exhaust's air/fuel mixture
- Upon analysis, the oxygen sensor adjusts the air/fuel mixture for optimum fuel efficiency
- On top of the savings, you'll also refuel less, increasing your overall efficiency
Lowest Operating Cost.
- Fast payback for your investment
Highest Productivity, Lowest Operating Cost
The Kohler closed-loop EFI system provides easier starts, better load response, more power and up to 25% better fuel economy. With fuel savings alone, the system will pay for itself in less than one year.
Reduced Carbon Footprint
Using up to 25% less fuel than industry-equivalent carbureted models, Kohler's closed-loop EFI reduces emissions by burning less fuel more efficiently.
User friendly EFI diagnostic software
The Kohler EFI Diagnostic Software resolves engine issues with minimal user effort, just like automotive software at your car dealer, keeping your engines in the field and productivity off the charts.
No carburetor problems, no required choke, and never clean or adjust a carburetor again. Plus, KOHLER EFI means your KOHLER engine will perform the same from day one to the end of it's product life.
Three-year Commercial Warranty
Kohler stands behind its Closed-Loop EFI Engine with a
three-year unlimited hour commercial warranty.
• Overhead Valve Design
• Hydraulic Valve Lifters
• Cast-Iron Cylinder Liners
• PTO Sleeve Bearing (Side Load)
• Electronic Ignition
• Heavy Duty Canister Air Cleaner System (Kohler)
• High Efficiency Grass Screen and Fan
• Closed Breather System
• Stellite® Exhaust Valves
• Full Pressure Lubrication
• In-Line Fuel Filter
• Easy Access Fill Tube and Dipstick-Yellow
• Large Capacity Oil Filter, Dual Oil Drain
• Oil Sentry™
• Variable Speed Governor
• Pulse Fuel Pump
• High Performance Spark Plugs
• 12 Volt Solenoid Shift Starter
• Crankshaft-1"(25.4 mm) Diameter x 3.16" (80 mm) PTO Length, 0.25" (6 mm) Keyway, Drilled and Tapped 1.5" (38 mm) Deep, 7/16-20 UNF
• PTO Face-10" (254 mm) Diameter, 4 through holes, 0.36” (9 mm) Diameter
• Color-Black with Cast Aluminum
• Special Chopper Grass Screen and Fixed Guard
• 20 Amp Alternator, Regulated
• 3/16” Evaporative emissions connection
Standard Features Plus:
• Crankshaft-1.125" (28.5 mm) Diameter x 4.0" (102 mm) PTO Length, 0.25" (6 mm) Keyway, Drilled and Tapped 1.5" (38 mm) Deep, 7/16-20 UNF
• No Exhaust System-Studs, Nuts, and Gaskets only
• Oxygen sensor
4-cycle, gasoline, OHV, cast iron cylinder liners, aluminum block, electronic fuel injection
|Max Power @3600 RPM hp (kW) 1
|Displacement cu in (cc)
|Bore in (mm)
|Stroke in (mm)
|Max Torque lbs. ft (Nm)1
|Dry Weight lbs (kg)
|Oil Capacity U.S. quarts (L)
||Full pressure w/full-flow filter
|Dimensions L x W x H in
||21.3 x 18.5 x 17.6
|Backpressure Limit 2
|J1995 Power hp (kW) 3
|J1995 Torque lbs ft (Nm) 3
* Length is front to rear of engine. Width is valve cover to valve cover. Height is mounting surface to top of air cleaner.
1 Max Power (hp) and Max Torque (lbs ft) specifications for Kohler general purpose engines are rated pursuant to Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) J1940 based on gross output testing performed according to SAE J1995 without the air cleaner and muffler. Actual engine power and torque are lower and affected by accessories (air cleaner, exhaust, charging, cooling, fuel pump, etc.), application, engine speed, ambient operating conditions (temperature, humidity and altitude) and other factors. This J1940 / J1995 rating provides consistent measurement to customers who may want to control the intake and exhaust features of the engine. For more information, contact Kohler Co. Engine Engineering Department. Kohler Co. reserves the right to change product specifications, designs and standard equipment without notice and without incurring obligation.
2 Inches of H20 @ 3600 RPM WOT
3 J1995 power and torque certified by 3rd Party Witness
Videos and Demos