Professional Grade Design.
Durable, Long Life Design.
High Power Performance.
Tough on grass, easy on you. V-Twin design provides smooth operation and the acoustically dampened air induction system reduces noise for quieter operation. This engine also features a flip-up air cleaner cover that allows for quick inspection and change
High-torque inertia drive starter ensures quick, reliable starting in all conditions.
Overhead valve design makes KOHLER® engine more fuel efficient and provides more power per displacement while emitting fewer harmful exhaust gasses..
- Easy-access oil check and fill
- Top-mount air filter keeps debris out and allows for quick access and inspection of the air cleaner system
- Two-year limited warranty
High Power Performance.
- OHV design for incredible efficiency
- Dynamically balanced crankshaft provides smooth performance
- High polished main bearings provide added toughness in high-load conditions
- Consistent-Cut™ technology for higher-quality cut
Reliability and Long Life Design.
- Cast-iron cylinder liner ensure your engine will last long in harsh conditions
- Large capacity air cleaner
- Pressurized lubrication with filter ensures the engine is strong even at extreme angles
- Induction-hardened main crank bearing ensures superior strength to cut through the tough stuff
- Internally vented carburetor
Quiet, Smooth Operation.
- V-twin design runs more smoothly and reduces fatigue on the operator
- Quiet air induction box
- Modulated cooling fan reduces noise
Easy Dependable Starts.
- High-torque inertia drive starter ensures quick, reliable starting in all conditions.
4-cycle, gasoline, OHV, twin-cylinder, air-cooled, vertical shaft, full pressure lubrication with full-flow filter, aluminum head and crankcase with cast iron cylinder liners.
|Max Power @3600 RPM hp (kW) 1
|Displacement cu in (cc)
|Bore in (mm)
|Stroke in (mm)
|Max Torque lbs. ft (Nm)1
|Dry Weight lbs (kg)
|Oil Capacity U.S. quarts (L)
||Full-pressure lubrication with full-flow filter
|Dimensions L x W x H in
||18.5 x 17.8 x 14.1
|Backpressure Limit 2
|J1995 Power hp (kW) 3
|J1995 Torque lbs ft (Nm) 3
• 1.125” Diameter x 4.36” PTO Length, 7/16-20 Hardened Crankshaft
• Cast-Iron Cylinder Liners
• 10” D.B.C., 4 Cored Holes (For OEM Self-Tap)
• Full Pressure Lubrication
• Large Capacity Oil Filter
• Automotive Style Dipstick (Yellow)
• 7/16” External Square Oil Drain Plug
• Stellite® Exhaust Valves
• 12V Bendix Electric Starter
• 15A Regulated Charging System
• Digital Advance Ignition System (DSAI) – SV840 only
• RFI/Ctick Compliance
• Modulated Cooling Fan
• Fixed Grass Screen Guard
• Carburetor w/Fuel Shutdown Solenoid
• Pulse Fuel Pump
• 51 Micron Fuel Filter
• Single Wire Controls - Throttle and Choke
• Mechanical Governor
• Torx Head Boden Screws
• Large Capacity Dual Element Air Cleaner
• Standard HP Decal (Black with Silver Lettering)
• Engine Plate with Emission Certification
• Governed Idle Speed 1750 (+150/-250) rpm
• High Speed 3300 (+/- 75) rpm
• Owner’s Manual (English)
• Color-Black with Cast Aluminum