Heavy-duty NorthStar® 30-gallon horizontal air compressor is powered by a quality Honda gasoline engine with 3 Amp charging system. Belt-driven full cast iron two-stage pump features V-type cylinder design for superior cooling, Low Vibration Technology (LVT) for smooth operation and floating-type Swedish steel valves for long valve life. Crankshaft has bearings on both ends for excellent support. Features a durable steel belt guard, liquid-filled pressure gauge for better accuracy and protection against pressure spikes.
Superior Design for Industry-Leading Pumps
Low Vibration and Durability
The last thing you want to worry about is your compressor breaking down in the middle of a job. The NorthStar® 389cc, 30-Gallon Horizontal Gas-Powered Air Compressor has been engineered with superior technology to keep you working without interruption. Innovative Low Vibration Technology (LVT) gives you a dynamically balanced pump for smooth operation and long service life. Bearings are placed on both ends of the pump’s crankshaft for superior support and less wear and tear. The result is reliable, dependable operation of your NorthStar air compressor, year after year.
Longer Pump Life
Heat can be a powerful enemy to the longevity of your air compressor pump. That’s why this NorthStar 389cc, 30-Gallon Horizontal Gas-Powered Air Compressor has been engineered with a V-style cylinder orientation to eliminate hotspots and provide consistent cooling, resulting in longer pump life. The pump cylinders, heads and crankcase are made of cast iron for extra-long service life. And the pump utilizes premium-quality floating-type Swedish steel valves for trouble-free performance. Thanks to this excellent technology, you can count on your NorthStar® air compressor to perform flawlessly for many years.
Legendary Honda GX Engine Power
Best in Class Performance
When it comes to power, the NorthStar 389cc, 30-Gallon Horizontal Gas-Powered Air Compressor is equipped with the best, a Honda GX390 OHV engine that delivers better fuel efficiency, quieter performance and easier operation. No matter how you define superior engine performance, Honda GX engines set the standard.
Greater Power Output
The Honda GX Overhead Valve (OHV) engine layout permits smoother fuel mixture intake and quicker, more complete exhaust. This engine has better combustion for greater power output. The OHV engine contributes to increased engine service life.
Portable Compressed Air At Your Command
Portable and Versatile
The NorthStar 30-Gallon Horizontal Gas-Powered Air Compressor is designed to mount in your truck’s bed or other vehicles to use in remote locations that lack electricity. It is ready to take with you on the job, whether it’s changing tires on a semi, working on construction equipment, repairing farming equipment, blowing out yard irrigation systems, repairing roadside vehicles, performing roofing work and many other applications that require compressed air for tools and equipment.
The NorthStar Advantage
Best Warranty in the Industry
All NorthStar air compressors are designed, engineered and tested in Faribault, MN. They are backed with our industry-leading warranty, guaranteeing that the highest quality, dependability, reliability and superior performance is built into every one.
Shop in complete confidence, knowing Northern Tool + Equipment protects your investment and is ready to provide you with the assistance and helpful resources you need.
Superior Service and Support
Should you ever need service or support, help is a phone call or email away. NorthStar’s field‐trained technical staff is ready to help. For convenience, our professional in‐store service department performs all repairs on site. Replacement parts are stocked at our Northern Tool + Equipment warehouse and ready to ship the same day your order is received.
- Honda GX390 OHV engine with electric start/recoil backup and low oil shutdown
- 3 Amp battery charging circuit (battery not included)
- Full cast iron pump for long service life
- V-style cylinder design for superior cooling
- Pump head made of FC35 Grade cast iron
- Floating-type Swedish steel valves deliver much longer valve life
- Operates at slower RPM to run cooler and last longer
- Low Vibration Technology (LVT) features a dynamically balanced pump for smooth operation and long life
- One-piece cast iron crankcase has bearings on both ends of crankshaft for superior crankshaft support, not overhung crankshaft design
- 100% duty cycle
- Delivers 24.4 CFM @ 90 PSI
- 175 max. PSI
- Pump runs at 1300 RPM
- Oversized flywheel for cooler operation
- Heavy cast iron flywheel provides extra momentum
- Step-type piston rings ensure piston ring overlap for better compression
- Sight glass for quick viewing of oil level
- Replaceable crank journals and wrist pin journal/needle bearings
- Two-piece connecting rods can be rebuilt for superior serviceability
- High pressure piston wrist pins have needle bearings
- Easy start lever on unloader valve isolates pump from tank pressure, so engine won't have to start under load
- Durable steel belt guard
- Liquid-filled pressure gauge
- 3/4in. NPT outlet
- 30-gallon ASME-certified horizontal tank
- Extend your NorthStar pump warranty to 5 years with the purchase and use of a NorthStar start-up kit (Item# 45934)
||4 Yr Consumer/2 Yr Commercial
|CFM at 175 PSI
|CFM at 135 PSI
|CFM at 90 PSI
|CFM at 40 PSI
||Honda GX 390 OHV
||Electric w/recoil backup
|Engine Displacement (cc)
|Engine Idle Control
|Air Tank Size (gal.)
|Portable or Stationary
|Air Outlet Size (in.)
||3/4 ball valve
|Low Oil Protection
|Fuel Capacity (gal.)
|Dimensions L x W x H (in.)
||41 x 19 x 40
NOTE Northerntool collects sales tax on both the item plus any shipping charges in 25 states.